SIM Young Scribes: Call for Short Story SubmissionsPassionate about content writing and storytelling? Enter the SIM Young Scribes and stand a chance to win an awesome prize worth R10 000.
Passionate about content writing and storytelling? SIM Young Scribes has a great opportunity for you - win an awesome prize worth R10 000. You could win an award for doing what you love. SIMAMELE (SIM) is calling young writers aged between 13 and 17 years to submit original short stories to enter the competition. Closing date is 1st MAY 2018. The winner will be announced (via our website and social media platforms- on www.simamele.co.za and the facebook page www.facebook.com/SimameleSocial ) on the 30th NOVEMBER 2018. You can write a short story in your mother-tongue. Any of the 11 official languages in South Africa. Influencers are also encouraged to motivate young writers to make submissions to the SIM Young Scribes. Influencers can be anyone from parents, guardians, care givers, educators and so on. The idea of the competition is, of course, to encourage young people to write and read more. The best part: All entries that meet qualifying criteria will be published on the Young Scribes section of the SIMAMELE site from the 1st of May. The competition will run from May to November. And the winner will receive an award worth R10 000. But before I tell you what's included in the main prize, let's have a look at how your story will be assessed. Stories will be judged based on two inputs; popularity and adjudicators. You will be wise to consider these inputs while writing your story. Popularity - this will be the number of hits or views of your story on the Simamele website for the period of the competition. The most read story will earn the highest rating. At least 3 adjudicators will form part of the panel of judges. Among them, at least one will be an education specialist. Now:
The SIM Young Scribes PrizeSim will recognize only one young scribe in 2018 with an award valued at R10 000.
Here's what the award includes:
- A bookstore voucher valued at R2 500
- Table to the value of R2 500
- Mobile data for a year valued at R3 500
- A cash sum of R1 500
How to Enter?
- The Competition is open to young creative minds ages between 13 and 17.
- The stories must be original, and never been published before.
- The stories must be of a length of no less than 1,500 and no more than 2,000 words.
- The stories can be written in any of the 11 official languages of South Africa.
- The stories must be accompanied by a good quality picture synonymous with the story's theme.
- Stories with strong language and hate speech will not be accepted.
- All entries to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org together with the names of the writer (required), a brief bio (required), a picture (optional) and a parent's or guardians names and contact details (cellphone number and email address).