Home Community Look Up From Your Phones – A Poem that will change your...

Look Up From Your Phones – A Poem that will change your life

Without a doubt, everyone seems to be glued to their smartphone and laptop devices – you can’t escape that these days.

However after watching the video above, you will absolutely have a different point of view.

You will certainly be tempted to put your phone down to live your life to the fullest.

Film maker and Writer Gary Turk urges people to LOOK UP from their so called smartphones in his poem.

People should start realizing real-life opportunities out there.

In the poem, Gary acknowledge the fact people who create these smartphones, are just doing it for the big bucks.

Look:

You can’t really escape the love of social media and everything that the internet brings on our smartphones.

People use smart-devices for various purposes but many for social media.

The best part:

The poem doesn’t demonize social media, it is just passing by a very important social-message, which if translated correctly, can benefit the world for the better.

It kicks off by indicating how many people seems to have thousands of friends on social media but none of them really know each other.

That’s quite a good observation and realization of a fact that people accepted the life over the internet – which seems amazing and neglected what really surround them in resl life.

Why the ‘Look Up’ anyway?

According to Gary: ‘Look Up’ is a lesson taught to us through a love story, in a world where we continue to find ways to make it easier for us to connect with one another, but always results in us spending more time alone.

If you prefer the Look Up poem in words, be sure to checkout Gary Turk’s website.

Here’s a brief snippet of the poem:

I have 422 friends, yet I am lonely.
I speak to all of them everyday, yet none of them really know me.

The problem I have sits in the spaces between,
looking into their eyes, or at a name on a screen.

I took a step back, and opened my eyes,
I looked around, and then realised
that this media we call social, is anything but
when we open our computers, and it’s our doors we shut.

All this technology we have, it’s just an illusion,
of community, companionship, a sense of inclusion
yet when you step away from this device of delusion,
you awaken to see, a world of confusion.

Don’t forget to subscribe to his Youtube Channel for inspiring content.

LEAVE A REPLY