Home Community A team leader willing to serve Polokwane with passion, says Dikgape Makgobe

A team leader willing to serve Polokwane with passion, says Dikgape Makgobe

Polokwane Municipality will be a place the residents are proud to call home. This was said by the municipality’s new manager, Mr Dikgape Makgobe during a brief session held yesterday with the employees at Jack Botes Hall. Makobe used the opportunity to appeal to the employees to jerk up their performance, embrace discipline, punctuality and be loyal to the municipality in order to realize its objectives.

He expressed gratitude to the political leadership of the municipality for honouring him with the responsibilities of what he terms “municipal team leader” and applauded the stability of Polokwane’s Council as one of the critical factors that influenced his willingness to accept the appointment.

He described himself as a team leader who will be steering Polokwane Municipality together with all the workers to achieve its mission and vision of rendering service delivery to communities. “As the municipality, we must succeed by showing respect to the people we are serving, staff and Councilors at all times. Mutual respect must prevail in order to be successful as a team”, he said.

In terms of staff morale, he said that his task is to solve the long outstanding disputes between the employer and employees through working with both SAMWU and IMATU labour unions. “I am requesting the labour leadership to submit their grievances to my office so that I attend to them considering the legal implications. Once my staff is happy and I can be a happy team leader,” he urged.

Makobe concluded that his office is always open for the staff to talk to him as he will be providing strategies on how to do things. Accept a lot of changes going forward and you are welcomed to give me your suggestions on the areas that must improve. Lastly, am looking forward to being part of you for the coming years”, he concluded.
Makobe was introduced to the employees by the Executive Mayor, Clllr Thembi Nkadimeng accompanied by the Mayoral Committee who were eager to hear the plans he has for the municipality after having few days in the office.
End.

Issued by:   Communications and Marketing